Music at U of G is within the School of Fine Art and Music where you can study digital music, music history, theory, ethnomusicology, composition, pedagogy, jazz and improvisation, and popular music. Receive 1-1 music instruction in modern or classical forms of creation including voice, turntables, drums, jazz and more. Perform with our ensembles and award-winning choir in our newly renovated performing arts wing with our choirs or ensembles.
Why music at U of G?
- The BA Music integrates intellectual and practical training, and is interdisciplinary, reaching out to students from across the arts and sciences, allowing students to combine majors and minors in music with studies in other disciplines.
- The program is geared to students who have a significant interest in music and music studies within a wider liberal arts education.
- We've got brand new facilities in digital technology, where we support the increasing importance of technology in musical production, distribution, and listening.
- Students who want to focus on a career in music will normally take a music major, while the music minor is popular with a wide variety of students, including those who plan to enter law, medicine and veterinary school.
- The Area of Concentration is designed for the student who wishes to use music as a teachable subject for post-secondary music education.
Auditions are not required for admission, but entry into specific courses will require the successful completion of an audition.
- Music marketing/promotion
- Music teacher
- Music therapist
- Sound/recording engineer
- Studio musician/accompanist
For More Information
For more information, please visit the Bachelor of Arts in music page.