Applications from home-schooled applicants will be considered on an individual basis. Admission decisions are based on academic achievement and all applicants must meet the required admission average.
To be considered for admission, you must provide individual assessments in the required subjects for your program(s) of interest. The following assessments are accepted:
- 4U/M courses (accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education). The 4U/4M courses may be completed in any combination of correspondence, on-line learning, night school, or day school
- Required courses at the Grade 12/senior level completed through an accredited institution
- Approved courses from an accredited college or university
- AP examination
- ACT subject test
- SAT subject test
Official exam results as well as official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended are required.
In addition to the above assessments, you must submit a personal statement outlining your educational history and why you are interested in attending the University of Guelph. The statement should include:
- Summary of home-school experience (e.g. curriculum)
- Length of homeschool study
- Future goals and career aspirations
Contact Admission Services for more information regarding admission criteria.
How to Apply: Apply using the 105 Application available online through the Ontario Universities Application Centre.
- January 12(early consideration)
- April 15: (documents)
All documents can be submitted to Admission Services at email@example.com.