Deferring an offer of admission
You may request to defer or postpone your offer of admission for one year if you have been admitted to the University of Guelph directly from high school. Deferrals are considered for the Fall entry point only.
To be considered for a deferral you must:
- accept your offer of admission on OUAC by the June 1st deadline (or as otherwise instructed in your offer letter);
- meet all conditions outlined in your original offer of admission by the date specified in your offer letter;
- submit the deferral application form and non-refundable fee of $80 by August 14, 2020 (see below for details)
- not attend any other post-secondary institution during the period of deferment. You may complete additional high school courses
- You can request a deferral for one program only.
- If you have been admitted to Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, a deferral is not an option.
- Transfer students cannot defer an offer of admission.
Residence and Scholarships
- If you would like to live in residence in Fall 2021, you are guaranteed a room if you apply to Student Housing and submit the residence deposit by June 1, 2021. Additional questions can be directed to Student Housing at 519-824-4120 ext. 58701 or email@example.com.
- Entrance scholarships and bursaries cannot be deferred.
- You will be considered for entrance scholarships available to all Semester One students entering Fall 2021 in May 2021. You are encouraged to follow the “Step-by-Step Entrance Award Instructions located on Student Financial Services’ website.
- For questions about scholarships and bursaries, please contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request a deferral application, please contact Admission Services at email@example.com.
- Application forms and the non-refundable $80 fee must be received in Admission Services by August 14, 2020 (must be submitted by cheque or money order payable to the University of Guelph).
- If you choose to accept an offer of admission to a different program after submitting a deferral form and then wish to defer that program, please contact Admission Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deferral requests are processed by September each year; you will receive e-mail communication once your deferral has been processed and approved.
- Applicants who are granted a deferral will receive a new offer of admission by the following February, provided that all conditions of the offer are fulfilled.
University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1