At U of G, we believe that learning is a lifelong process involving much more than lectures and exams! We want to give you a first-class education through:
- access to unique courses beginning in your first year,
- instruction from award-winning faculty,
academic and personal support throughout your time here.
A Unique & Supportive Community
- The Library: the top spot for students at U of G! You'll find quiet study areas and group study areas, along with millions of print and electronic resources.
- The Learning Commons: meet senior students for essay writing advice and finding sources, or learn how to manage your time; the Learning Commons helps you succeed.
- Peer Helper Program: this program involves over 200 students on campus, and is completely volunteer-based! Peers are a part of a dynamic team that help students adjust to university life, work through academic challenges, and provide needed university services.
- Undergraduate Information Centre: this resource hub provides general academic advising and information to students.
Students at U of G love their community. Our Student Volunteer Connections connects students with volunteer opportunities on campus, and beyond. From the Speed-River clean up, to Project Serve Canada, to helping at our local hospitals and schools, U of G students give back.
Of course, that's not all. Before you arrive, you should become familiar with all of the services and programs available to you as a student at U of G.
Our internationally recognized faculty members are not remote figures standing at the front of the classroom; they take a geniune and active interest in every one of their students.
We are the first university in Canada to have had our president and provost hold the prestigious 3M National Teaching Fellowship! Fifteen of our faculty members have received this top honour.
- Lang School of Business and Economics
- Our new home for business at Guelph! It is transforming how students learn through hands-on learning, community engagement, break-out rooms, multimedia classrooms and the promotion of collaboration and teamwork.
- Summerlee Science Complex
- North America's largest integrated teaching and research facility.
- School of Engineering
- Engineering recently underwent an expansion to house more space for labs, shop space, design studios and a unique rooftop area for sustainability research.
- Biodiversity Institute of Ontario
- The world's first centre for high-volume DNA barcoding, which is the rapid identification of millions of species.
- Pathobiology and Animal Health Laboratory
- Its goal? To strengthen Canada's ability to prevent diseases and solve health issues at the human and animal interface. It includes a lecture theatre, seminar rooms, teaching lab, and state-of-the-art research facilities.
Online Learning at Guelph
Open Learning and Education Support (OpenEd) offers a wide selection of distance education courses from a variety of disciplines. Because there are no scheduled classes, you can take advantage of studying at a time and place that is convenient for you, from anywhere in the world!