5 things you should know about the city of Guelph:
- It’s been rated one of the 10 best places to live in Canada.
- We are one hour from Toronto.
- We’re called the City of Music because of all the music festivals we host.
- Getting to and from Guelph is easy with multiple Go Train, Go Bus, Via Rail and Greyhound routes.
- And getting around the city is easy because your student card acts as your city transit pass! Whoot!
5 totally random things about Guelph:
- The wire coat hanger was invented here in the 1920s.
- A Guelph resident invented 5 pin bowling.
- A U of G research team created the Yukon Gold potato – the best potatoes for French fries!
- Guelph was the home of North America’s first cable TV system – that’s innovation!
- The jock strap was invented here. It’s true. The company held a contest to name the product and the winner got $5!