Join more than 3,500 U of G co-op students in 41 co-op programs and gain relevant work experience, build professional networks and develop essential interpersonal skills needed to succeed in the workplace, all while getting paid and earning your university degree.
Why Apply to U of G Co-op?
- You will take a mandatory, one-semester course - COOP*1100 - that prepares you for the job search and work terms.
- A Co-op Co-ordinator will assist you during the employment process and throughout each of your co-op work term experiences.
- You will apply and compete for co-op positions, just as you would in the real-world hiring process.
- You will complete three to five work terms throughout your degree (depending on your academic program).
- All co-op positions are full-time, paid employment opportunities.
- You will experience Fall (September to December), Winter (January to April) and Summer (May to August) work-terms, depending on your program.
- Job opportunities may be in Ontario, another province or even outside of Canada, in the private, public and not-for-profict sectors.
- Co-op supervisors will give you feedback on your performance, helping you understand your strengths.
- You will complete Learning Reflections and Work Term Reports to help identify the skills you learn on the job and connect it back to your classroom learning.
Co-op admission is a popular choice. It is highly recommended that you apply to co-op directly from high school. You can apply again during first year, for a limited number of spots in some programs.
*The University of Guelph's Co-operative Education Program is accredited by Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL) and adheres to the standards set and monitored by the CEWIL Accreditation Council.