We are one of Canada's Top Comprehensive universities!
No matter where you’re from, once you enroll at U of G, you’re part of a community – a network of fellow students and staff who will set you up with everything you need to be successful.
Are you a Canadian applicant? Sign Up to learn more about choosing Guelph! With a U of G account, you'll receive invites for open houses, Instagram Live Q & As, tours, updates on admission and all things U of G.
Are you an international applicant? Sign up here for more information about our programs, upcoming events, webinars, and all things U of G!
Points of Pride:
- We are one of Canada's Top Comprehensive Universities
- #1 in residence living
- #1 in total research dollars
- #1 in Canada and #5 in the world for Veterinary Sciences
- #1 in Canada for Food Science and Technology
- $182 million in annual research funding - we attract more money than any other university in Canada without a medical school!
- $27.2 million in scholarships and bursaries in 2020/2021
- One of the highest % of female STEM students nationally
- 91.2% employment rate within 6 months of graduation
- Over 93% of students entering in first year return for their second year at Guelph
- 30,040 total enrolment
- Over 1,750 international students from nearly 130 countries
- 14 degree programs
- 85+ majors
- 4,000+ students enrolled in co-operative education
- 200+ clubs
- 25,000 sq foot fitness centre
- 400 acre aboretum
- Top scholarships: President's scholarship, Lincoln Alexander Chancellor's scholarship, Dr. J. Vaccarino President's Scholarship, International Entrance Scholarships and more!
- 20 dining facilities
- 13 coffee houses
- 12 Certificate programs to enhance your degree
- 4,000+ on campus jobs
- 1000+ experiential learning opportunities
- 191,000 alumni in more than 150 countries
- More than 3,000,000 bricks make up our walkways on campus
- The Gryphon is our mascot and signifies strength and wisdom
- Red, Black and Gold are our colours.