What you seek in a university experience, U of G has it.
The University of Guelph is ranked as one of Canada’s top comprehensive universities, with top marks in student experience. No matter where you’re from, once you enrol at U of G, you’re part of a community – a network of fellow students and staff who will set you up with everything you need to be a success.
Sign Up to learn more about choosing Guelph! With a U of G account, you'll receive invites for open houses, Snapchat chats and Instagram Live Q & A's, tours, updates on admission and all things U of G.
Video By: Emil Smolders, University of Guelph Alumni
Points of Pride:
- One of Canada's Top Comprehensive Universities
- Top marks for Student Experience
- $146 million in annual research funding - we attract more money than any other university in Canada without a medical school
- $24 million in scholarships and bursaries in 2018/2019
- One of the highest % of female STEM students nationally
- 90.15% employment rate within 6 months of graduation (CUDO, 2016)
- Over 90% of students entering in first year return for their second year at Guelph
- 26,677 total enrolment
- 85+ majors
- 3,500+ students enrolled in Co-operative Education
- 200+ clubs
- 19 intramural sports
- 25,000 sq foot fitness centre
- 400 acre aboretum
- 12 President's and Chancellors' scholars awarded every year
- 7 Dining halls
- 13 Coffee houses
- 2 Bakeries
- 12 Certificate programs to enhance your degree
- 4,000+ on campus jobs
- 1000+ experiential learning opportunities
- 173,000 alumni
- 2 food trucks
- More than 3,000,000 bricks make up our walkways on campus
- The Gryphon is our mascot and signifies strength and wisdom
- Red, Black and Gold are our colours.