Admission FAQs

Updated as of May 28 , 2024

I've accepted my offer of admission. What are my next steps? 

Enrolment Services will send your personal central login information as well as the Registration Guide for New Students via e-mail. The Registration Guide for New Students is your first stop for information about course enrolment, academic advising and finances for your first semester as a U of G student.

Student Housing Services

Student Financial Services

Enrolment Services


My grades are higher than the estimated cut off average. Why didn't I receive an offer of admission? 

Having an admission average that falls within the estimated range does not guarantee that you will receive an offer of admission. Each cycle, admission averages are determined by the quantity and quality of applicants as well as space availability in individual programs. It is not our practice to release admission averages.

What if I'm not admitted to Co-op?

If you were admitted to the regular (non Co-op) stream and choose to accept your offer of admission, you will have another opportunity to apply for Co-op when you are in your first year of studies at the U of G. Contact The Experiential Learning Hub for more information.

I received a conditional offer of admission. What does that mean?

If you were admitted to the U of G directly from high school, your offer of admission is conditional on the following:

  1. Graduate with your high school diploma (OSSD or equivalent)
  2. Complete the six required 4U/M courses (or equivalents) for the program you’ve chosen.
  3. Achieve a minimum final admission average of 70%.
  4. If specified in your offer of admission, you must meet the minimum English proficiency requirements as described on our website.

All conditions must be fulfilled by August 9, 2024. Check out our conditions webpage for more information.

I'm missing a required course and I'm worried that I won't fulfill conditions of my offer. 

If you’re worried you won’t fulfill conditions of your offer by the deadline (August 9th), you should register in summer school as soon as possible. Please notify us of your plan to take summer school at It is your responsibility to ensure your final grades are updated in your OUAC account, or received in Admission Services by August 9, 2024.

How do I defer my offer of admission?

If you have been admitted to the University of Guelph directly from high school and are unable to begin degree studies in the fall, you can request to defer your offer of admission for one year. Deferrals are usually considered for the fall entry point only. In order to request a deferral, you must accept your offer of admission.

The deferral application will be accessible through WebAdvisor under the ‘Student’ menu on June 3rd. To access Web Advisor you will need your central login information that will be sent via e-mail from Enrolment Services once you have accepted your offer of admission. The deadline to submit a deferral application is July 29, 2024. You can find more information on our deferrals webpage.

Where can I send my official documents?

In order for us to consider documents to be official, we must receive them directly from the issuing institution (e.g. your school).

Please have your documents sent to, or to the address below:

Admission Services - Level 3 University Centre
University of Guelph
50 Stone Rd E Guelph, ON N1G 2W1

I didn't receive an offer of admission but I'm still interested in the U of G. Can I apply to transfer in the future?

If you complete at least one semester of a degree program or one year of a college diploma program, you may be eligible to apply to the University of Guelph as a transfer applicant. Review our Transfer Students page for more information about admission requirements and application procedures.

I'm an Ontario high school student. Can I still apply?

Beginning June 5, 2024, Ontario high school students can use the Ontario Universities' Application Centre's Admission Information Service (AIS) to find possible openings at Ontario Universities. If you find an open program of interest and meet the published admission requirements, you can add it to your OUAC application. Should a program to which you previously applied at the U of G be open for application and you wish to be reconsidered for admission, please contact Admission Services at after June 5th.