Transfer FAQs

Fall 2021 Admission FAQs - Transfer Applicants

Updated as of August 2021

I’ve applied to transfer from another college or university. When can I expect an admission decision?

Transfer applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis as applications become complete. Please monitor your Web Advisor account to ensure all required documents have been received. We will continue to review applications throughout the summer months.

I have an offer from another University that expires, but U of G is my first choice. What should I do?

If you accept an offer of admission from another University, it will not prevent your application to the University of Guelph from being considered. If you choose to accept an offer at another school you can later decline that offer if you are admitted to the U of G.

I submitted my documents to Admission Services but they’re not marked as ‘received’ on Web Advisor. Should I send them again?

If you have submitted your documents to Admission Services, please don’t submit duplicates. We are receiving a high volume of documents at this point in the application cycle and are processing them in the order in which they’re received. You will typically see documents ‘received’ on Web Advisor within two weeks of submission but processing times can vary.

If you are sending documents through the mail, please consider that there may be postal service delays preventing your documents from reaching us.

How can I check the status of my application?

If you applied on the OUAC 105 application, you can monitor the status of your application through your OUAC and WebAdvisor accounts. Upon admission, transfer applicants will receive their offer of admission via e-mail.

I can see on WebAdvisor that I’ve been admitted, but I haven’t received an e-mail or letter. Where can I find the details of my offer of admission?

It takes us some time to generate, print, and send offer letters. Unfortunately, this process isn’t automatic – usually, it will take about a week. Please be patient, we’re working as quickly as we can to get you the information you need. Note that offer letters aren’t available for download on WebAdvisor.

My WebAdvisor says “Admitted Conditionally”. How do I know what the conditions are?

Your offer letter will detail the conditions of your offer of admission and the date by when you need to meet the conditions. Offers of admission are often conditional if you have courses in progress, or we haven’t received official transcripts from your former institution(s).

I’ve been admitted and want to accept my offer to U of G, but my offer has expired and/or I am not able to accept it on OUAC. How can I accept my offer?

Please e-mail us at Include your name, 7-digit University of Guelph ID number and the program and major you’ve been admitted to and want to accept (i.e. Guelph Gryphon, 1410000, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology). We can reinstate the offer and/or accept it on your behalf pending available space in the degree program you’ve been admitted to. 

I received an e-mail telling me my application was refused due to late documents. How do I know what documents are needed and can I still submit them?

Documents that are required to consider an application are listed on WebAdvisor. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check WebAdvisor regularly to monitor both the status of their application and requests for documentation (e.g. transcripts, support letters, mid-term grades).

If your application has been refused due to late documents, please check WebAdvisor to see what was missing. Documents that have been received are marked as Received. If the status beside a document is blank, it means the request is outstanding. If you arrange the submission of what’s required immediately, it may be possible to reopen and reconsider your application. This will depend on available space in the program you’ve applied to. Please contact to let us know you’ll be sending the required documentation late and want to be reconsidered when they arrive.

I recently received an offer. Can I still apply to live in residence?

It may still be possible to apply for on-campus housing. Please visit for more information, and/or contact Student Housing Services at

We also have an Off-Campus Living (OCL) office which includes an Off-Campus Living Advisor who can support you in finding suitable housing in the City of Guelph. Visit their website for more details.

The application for Fall 2021 is now closed. When will I be able to apply for Winter 2022?

The application for all entry points in 2022 will be made available on the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre website in mid- to late- September of 2021. 

Please note that not all programs offer a Winter entry point. For a list of programs, the entry semesters they offer, and the associated deadlines, please visit our website.

I have applied for an internal program transfer and still haven’t received an admission decision. How do I select courses for Fall ’21?

Please contact your current Program Counsellor. Let them know that you have applied to change programs and are awaiting an admission decision.

I have applied for readmission. What are my next steps?

  • If you have issues with your Central Login username and password, please contact Computing and Communication Services at or 519-824-4120 ext. 58888.
  • Please note that a personal support letter is required for students who are applying for readmission after being Required to Withdraw. If you did not use the application form to write your letter, please submit it as a Word or PDF document attachment to
  • Students applying for readmission after attending another post-secondary school(s) are required to submit transcripts from that school(s). You do not need to submit transcripts from U of G or high school, as we will have them on file.
  • Most students who are applying for readmission after being away from the University for six semesters or more will be required to complete the Education Declaration Form. The form is available on our website OR it can be completed on WebAdvisor.

I am an Open Learning Student – how do I provide my final transcripts?

If you are an Open Learning student and have applied for admission to a degree program, you do not need to arrange the submission of Open Learning transcripts to Undergraduate Admission Services. We can retrieve them on your behalf.

I have more questions. Where can I go for more information?

If you’ve already applied and you’re a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person please reach out to us at

If you’re an International student and you’ve already applied, please e-mail

If you haven’t applied and want more information on transferring to Guelph, please contact us at