Country InfoEventsFinances
Students walking in Lang Plaza, University of Guelph

How to Apply to Undergraduate Programs (International Students)

Now is the time to apply!

The University of Guelph will GUARANTEE you admission to the program of your choice if you: 

  • Apply by April 1, 2024. 
  • Are a high school student applying from outside of Canada. 
  • Meet all admission criteria. 

Don't miss the opportunity of a lifetime. Follow the steps below and apply now! 

University of Guelph's 9 Application Steps For International Students

The following steps are for international high school applicants to U of G. If you have any questions about the process, please contact our team at

  1. Explore our Programs of Study and check the program-specific admission information and required courses.
  2. Check English Proficiency and Country Specific Requirements.
  3. Check to see if your program is offered at the University of Guelph (main campus), University of Guelph-Humber (Toronto), or if it is an Associate Diploma offered at the Ridgetown campus.
  4. Fill in and submit the appropriate Application Form along with your fee.
  5. After your application is processed, you will receive login information and instructions on how to submit documents to your Admission Portal. Submit the appropriate transcripts and other required documentation. Applicants to the University of Guelph-Humber and Ridgetown Campus will receive separate document submission instructions. 
  6. Submit the appropriate transcripts and other required documentation.  Some programs have supplemental forms
  7. Submit English Proficiency test scores to the Admission Portal. IELTS scores may be scanned and verified on-site. All other test scores must be sent officially.  
  8. You are encouraged to submit the Student Profile Form
  9. Check your Admission Portal for required and outstanding documents. 

International Students may need a Study Permit to study at the University of Guelph. The detailed procedure regarding study permit application can be found on the Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. Our DLI# is O19305391192. For additional support, contact our Global Pre-Arrival Support Advisor at

Application Forms

International Students

If you are an International student who is enrolled in a high school, university, or college outside of Canada, please select from the options below:

  • Provide complete personal information (name, address, date of birth). List the e-mail address, mailing address, telephone, and fax numbers where you can be contacted throughout the application process.
  • Fees: A CDN$90 non-refundable application processing fee is required of all high school (semester one) applicants. Advanced Standing/Transfer applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of CDN$180 (this includes CDN$90 application fee and CDN$90 evaluation fee).

Proceed to the International Student Online Application Form to start your application.

Please note: High school applicants may only apply to the Fall semester whether currently enrolled or graduated.

Disclaimer: The Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) is the service provider used by the University of Guelph to process and deliver your application information and payment. All information you provide on the online application will be used exclusively by the University of Guelph.

To apply to an undergraduate degree program please use the Undergraduate Application Form via the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC).

Please note: Printed versions (hard copies) of applications are not mailed from the University of Guelph. You can request a printed application from the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) at or call 519-823-1940.

  • Proceed to Common App to start your application.
  • Fees: A US$90 non-refundable application processing fee is required of all high school (semester one) applicants. Advanced Standing/Transfer applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of US$180 (this includes US$90 application fee and US$90 evaluation fee).
  • The Common App site gives the option of a fee waiver, however we will not waive the application processing fees.

Disclaimer: The Common App can not be used by Canadian citizens (including those with dual citizenship) or Permanent Residents; these applicants must use the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) site.

Please visit our OpenEd website for more information.

Canadian Citizens

If you are a Canadian citizen attending school outside of Canada, please apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).