Admission Pathways for International Students
Integrated Admission Pathway (IAP)
Program start date: Fall (September)
IAP is for you if:
- you are an academically qualified international student,
- you meet the University’s undergraduate admission requirements,
- but have not yet achieved English language proficiency.
Through IAP you can complete degree-credit courses through the University’s Open Learning program, and at the same time study English language courses to achieve the Certificate of English proficiency granted by Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).
The Integrated Admission Pathway includes a combination of classroom-based and fully online degree course offerings and provides a flexible option for admission to the following degree programs at the University of Guelph:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management
- Bachelor of Commerce (undeclared)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences
Co-op options included.
Your English language courses and degree-credit courses will provide a supportive learning environment with access to designated tutoring groups.
- Minimum IELTS of 5.5 or TOEFL iBT of 56.
- Meeting all admission requirements for your selected degree/major. Please review Canadian Provincial Education admission OR International admission.
- Maintaining a 75% average in your English language courses and a minimum 60% in your academic coursework during your degree-credit courses.
Guaranteed Admission Pathway (GAP)
If your English proficiency and/or grades do not meet admission requirements, you may wish to be considered for the Guaranteed Admission Pathway (GAP). The combination of the English Language Certificate Program (ELCP) and the Open Learning program provides a flexible option for guaranteed admission to our Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts degrees. Save time by completing online courses toward your degree while you are completing your Advanced Certificate. To be eligible to begin Open Learning degree-credit courses while completing the advanced level of ELCP, you must meet the following requirements.
- Have no previous post-secondary studies.
- Achieve an overall average of 80% or higher in levels 7 and 8, or in levels 8 and 9.
Note that the GAP may also be done as a stand-alone upgrading program, if you do not meet the minimum admission requirements to your degree/major.
Visit OpenEd for more information.