Visit the U of G Virtually
As a precaution against COVID-19, the Admission Services office is currently closed but we are working remotely. We have created an FAQ page for COVID-19 related admission questions. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. We will respond to you as soon as we can. You may also follow UofGAdmission on social media for daily updates, admission-related Q and As, and to DM us your questions.
You can find the most up-to-date information about the University of Guelph’s response to the coronavirus pandemic on our COVID-19 website. We thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding as the University works to implement measures to slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19 in the U of G community and greater Guelph region.
In the meantime, here are several ways for you to "visit us virtually":
1. Take a virtual tour of campus
We have created resources to allow you to check out the University of Guelph without coming to campus!
- Visit our Campus Tour Highlights page.
- Visit Student Housing’s YouTube page to watch virtual tours of residences and room types.
- Check out residence room floor plans on the Student Housing Services website.
- Experience the University of Guelph’s 360° residence room tour online.
2. Follow uofgadmission on Instagram
We post everything from gorgeous photos of campus and current students in action, to campus throwbacks and future gryphons celebrating their offer of admission.
We have highlights saved that introduce you to the City of Guelph, show off our residences, give you a glimpse at past campus events like Fall Preview Day, and provide a look at campus throughout all four seasons!
We also post daily Instagram Stories and utilize question stickers so that you can stay up-to-date on important information and ask anything that's on your mind.
3. Check out uofguelphadmission’s Facebook photo albums
We have Facebook albums dedicated to student life, athletics, campus photos, and U of G food.
Our Messenger inbox is also always open for you to send us your questions!
4. Chat one-on-one with a Liaison Officer
New this spring, Canadian high school students now have the opportunity to have their questions about the U of G answered by staff through the software of Microsoft Teams.
You can choose to have this meeting as an audio only call or you may add video - the choice is yours! Visit our event's page to register for a 1-on-1 now!
5. Head to the UofGAdmission YouTube channel
This is the best place to hear from U of G students talk about their programs and how studying at the University of Guelph is enabling them to explore their passions.
Check out our Fridays with a First Year series to get a glimpse of what next year could look like for you. Our student profile videos offer a view into what your upper year's at U of G could look like.
6. We asked our friends on campus to share with us their favourite online tools for learning about the U of G...
Here's what they shared:
- Did you know that the W.F. Mitchell Athletics Centre is on Google Maps? Check them out!
- The University of Guelph thanks its alumni donors by showing them a day in the life of a Gryphon. Check it out on YouTube!
- Check out Lang's School of Business and Economics. See the classroom space, group study rooms, shared media spaces and student lounges.
- Discover Engineering at the U of G!
- The Food Science Department has published a virtual tour of their lab and facilities to their website.
- Interested in veterinary medicine? Follow a fourth year student around in her small animal hospital rotation via this Instagram video!
- Check out the latest Co-operative Education video to learn about the co-op program from current students.
- Last but not least, check out the 2019 Pep Rally video put together by the Student Experience team.
It's unfortunate that we’re unable to host you on campus at this time #FutureGryphons but we hope that you take advantage of these virtual assets and use them to get an idea of what life is like as a Gryphon!