All applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended. Official transcripts must be sent from the issuing institution directly to Admission Services at the University of Guelph. 

As a transfer student, your application will be reviewed upon receipt of all official transcripts and supporting documents. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents are received in Admission Services by the document deadline. 

Note: Some programs may require additional supporting documentation. 

Prompt and early submission of documents is highly recommended. Space in some programs is limited and individual programs may fill and close earlier, depending on the quality and quantity of applications, as well as space available. 

How to Submit Transcripts and Required Documents

A transcript is an official record of your academic performance at an educational institution. A transcript is considered official if it is produced by and bears the seal of the issuing institution.

All applicants must request official transcripts from any and all of the following institutions previously attended:

  • high school, including summer school
  • university
  • college
  • night school
  • online courses taken at a provincially approved high school or learning centre 
  • an accredited private school or organization officially recognized or authorized as an institution of learning. 

Official transcripts should be sent from the issuing institution (via the OUAC transcript request service, electronically or by mail in a sealed envelope), directly to the University of Guelph's Admission Services. Contact your issuing institution for more information OR to request official transcripts sent through OUAC. 

Note: The OUAC provides an electronic transcript service for Ontario college/university applicants. On your 105 application, you can pay the OUAC to contact your high school /university/college and request electronic transcripts from the issuing institution  to be sent directly to Admission Services at the University of Guelph. This is recommended. 

If your high school/university/college is not one of the schools the OUAC contacts on your behalf, you will have to contact each institution to arrange to have your transcript(s) sent to Admission Services. 

Mandatory documents/transcripts that have been opened by someone other than the University of Guelph, Undergraduate Admission Services Department will be deemed unofficial and you will be required to submit "official" documents in order to continue with your application.

Official transcripts released to you in a sealed envelope may be forwarded to Admission Services and may be considered official so long as the issuing institution is identifiable and the envelope is unopened.  

If you were in an American secondary school system and are applying as a transfer applicant, you must submit official SAT or ACT scores.

NOTE: If you are submitting transcripts or other official documents in a language other than English you must also submit notarized legal literal translations of these documents in English. 

You do not need to wait for correspondence from the University of Guelph to send required transcripts/documents. Once you have submitted your application, you're encouraged to make a transcript request as early as possible. 

Mailing Address:

Undergraduate Admission Services
50 Stone Road, East
Level 3, University Centre
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON  
N1G 2W1

The University of Guelph does NOT accept (unless sent by the course provider):

  • emailed transcripts
  • scanned transcripts
  • photocopied transcripts
  • faxed transcripts.

Transcripts and required documents must be received by the deadline date. Admission decisions are based on OFFICIAL documents only.

If you cannot Provide Official Documents/Transcripts

Applicants should submit official transcripts where possible, and are reminded that transcripts for Ontario high schools, colleges and universities, as well as some out-of-province institutions, can be requested through the OUAC. Applicants who are having difficulties requesting and obtaining official transcripts can submit unofficial transcripts for the 2021 application cycle. Please submit documents using the OUAC 105 Document Upload.

Note: Unofficial documents will be used for initial review and admission decision purposes. If you are granted a conditional offer of admission and decide to accept that offer, we will require final, official transcripts by the deadline specified in your offer of admission.

Mid-Term Grades

At the time of your application, please ensure all official transcripts, including completed and in-progress courses are sent to Admission Services. If you're currently enrolled in your first semester at university (i.e.: fall) and are applying to transfer for the winter entry point, we will require unofficial midterm grades. You will be required to submit a final official transcript when your final grades are available. An admission decision may not be made on your application until all official transcripts and supporting documents  have been received. 

Transfer applicants with courses in progress will be considered for a conditional offer of admission based on available grade data. Conditions of your offer will be outlined in your offer letter and must be fulfilled by the date specified in your letter.

Letter of Support

If you have experienced factors beyond your control that have negatively impacted your previous academic performances, you are encouraged to submit a support letter. This is your opportunity to share with the admission committee how extenuating circumstances, including medical and personal challenges, may have adversely affected your academic achievement, as well as the steps you have taken to ensure you will be successful in the future. Letters of support can also be sent by professionals to document the impact of medical or personal challenges on your studies. 

Your letter of support should include the following:

  • Reasons for selecting specific major
  • Explanation of past academic performance if average is less than minimum required average - (if applicable)
  • Relevant experience (if applicable)
  • Future plans and academic goals

Support letters can be submitted through the OUAC 105 Document Upload or e-mailed directly to Admission Services at