Think you know the Bachelor of Arts? Think again!
The Bachelor of Arts degree offered at the University of Guelph is one of our most flexible and adaptable programs. With 27 majors and 58 minors, YOU have the ability to shape your future on your own terms and prepare yourself for your dream career.
Here are some things that make a BA from U of G unique:
New majors and minors
- Sexualities, Genders and Social Change is a brand-new major AND minor that explores theories around feminism, transnationalism, LTBTQ+, race, masculinity, and (dis)ability. This major is a great option for students interested in outreach and advocacy to create meaningful social change.
- Creative Writing is another new major that will be available beginning in fall 2023. Creative writing courses and even a certificate program have been available at U of G for some time, and we’re are excited to now offer it as a major. Prepare yourself for a career in a diverse field that allows your words and ideas to create meaning and social change.
- Black Canadian Studies is a new minor dedicated to the study of the histories and experiences, cultural identities, social and community formations, politics and contemporary concerns of Black people in Canada, other parts of the Americas, and the world. In addition to learning about Black creative expression and literature, political and labour movements, and issues of language, law, immigration, and health, students will also explore essential contemporary and historical questions and examine how Black people contribute to a greater understanding of the world.
Coming in 2022 - The Arts Research Centre
The Arts Research Centre (ARC) is a state-of-the-art theatre and performance space plus costume and set design shops. The ARC will bring together researchers from all over the world to interact with our students and will be ready for students and faculty in Fall 2022! Find out more about the renovations happening!
The Arts and Business Double Feature
Ready to enhance your Arts major with a Business minor from the Gordon S. Lang School of Business? Supplement your studies with a Business minor and improve your communication, problem solving and leadership skills! Simply apply to your BA major of choice and declare a Business minor in your first year!
- Business data analytics
- Business economics
- Human resources
- International business
- Project management
- Sport and event management
- Sustainable business
Our Grads have worked (almost) everywhere!
Graduates from our Bachelor of Arts program have gone on to work across the world, at numerous organizations you may have heard of such as:
- Mclean’s magazine
- Smithsonian Institution
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- Toronto Zoo
- And more!
Think you know the value of an Arts degree?
Head over to TikTok and find out why employers are now saying about the value of Bachelor of Arts grads. We couldn’t agree more with this! (while you’re there, be sure to follow us @uofgadmission while you’re there!)
Hear what our students have to say!
Check out some videos made by our current students and recent grads to hear about some of our popular majors!
For more information about the Bachelor of Arts program, be sure to check out the program page on our website and visit the College of Arts and the College of Social & Applied Human Sciences websites.
The sky is the limit, and we can’t wait to see what you do with your BA degree!