All about Alternate Offers of Admission
Our second round of offers have started to hit mailboxes (and OUAC.on.ca) and will continue until mid April. Some students may notice that they are actually receiving an alternate offer, and we know you’ll have questions about what that means! Here’s what you need to know!
What is an alternate offer?
If you don't currently meet the grade requirements for your first-choice program, we may automatically consider you for an alternate program. Don’t panic if you receive an alternate offer – your application will still be considered for all programs that you’ve applied to (including your first choice) in our third and final round of offers.
You may receive an Alternate Offer if you applied to the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science - Animal Biology, Biomedical Science or Human Kinetics: your alternate offer will be to the Biological Science major.
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice and Public Policy: your alternate offer will be to our general Bachelor of Arts major.
- Co-op – your alternate offer will be to the non-co-op stream of the program you applied to.
I got an alternate offer. Now what?
- You can wait for the final round of offers and see if you receive a letter of admission to your first-choice program.
- If you are not admitted to your first choice, you can accept your alternate offer and then work with your program counsellor once you are a student here (in the fall) to transfer to another major or apply to the co-op stream for the Winter Semester.
- Please note: you may only accept one offer from the University of Guelph. If you choose to accept an offer before the June 1st deadline, and then change your mind and accept a different offer, you will be unable to re-accept the original offer.
Four other things you need to know:
- If you haven't yet received an offer, COMPLETE the Student Profile Form by May 1, 2021!
- Check your OUAC account for an admission offer from U of G! Offers will show up there first before a congratulations package is sent the mail!
- Visit our Admission Plan webpage to find out how we send out offers.
- To ask questions about your offers, learn more about our programs and check out campus, register for Virtual Campus Day this Saturday, March 27!