What you need to know about the residence application process
Today we’re outlining the basic process for applying to residence and directing you to the experts that can answer all housing-related questions. Let’s get started.
Note the deadline and deposit amount
If you are a Future Gryphon planning to live in residence this fall, you should know that the deadline to apply and submit your $750 deposit is Monday, June 3, 2019. If you’ve applied and paid that deposit by the deadline, you will be GUARANTEED a place in residence.
Narrow down your residence choices
Before you can decide which residence is best for you, you need to see what we’ve got. Luckily you have several options for checking out residence before applying:
- Come on a tour and see residence in person
- Check out Student Housing Services’ virtual tours on YouTube to see room layouts and building amenities
- Tune into Snapchat for live tours this week (add uofghousing)
Explore our residence learning communities
Our unique residence learning communities bring together groups of students with common interests and include:
- Academic Learning Communities
- Living Learning Centres
- Themed Learning Communities
Learn more about each community type by visiting the Student Housing Services website.
Download the Applying to Residence viewbook or watch the online tutorial
Once you are ready to apply for residence, head to the Student Housing Services website and find the “How to apply” section. From there you can view and download the Applying to Residence viewbook OR watch the How to Apply tutorial. Both outline the entire application process step-by-step.
What you need to apply
In order to start your residence application, you need two things:
- An offer of admission to the University of Guelph
- Your central login and password (If you do not have your central login and password yet, there is an option to log in using your date of birth, last name and University of Guelph ID #)
Keep an eye on your GryphMail account (@uoguelph.ca) – this is where all official housing communications will be sent!
- mid-July: room assignments will be released
- late-July: you will receive a Move-In Information Guide
- August: pack and get ready for your new life as a Gryphon
- August 31: MOVE-IN DAY
For more information on residence and to ask any and all questions, we recommend talking to our housing experts:
Phone: 519.824.4120 x58701