Our annual Telethon is your chance to connect one-on-one with a current U of G student and ask any questions you have about life and studies at the University of Guelph! This year it will run from January 31 until March 8, 2019.
Today we’re sharing our top Telethon tips so you can make the most of your time on the phone with our Telethoners.
TIP #1 – Answer the phone!
Starting January 31, our dedicated army of student ambassadors, who we refer to as “Telethoners”, will be calling YOU (yes – on the phone!) to invite you to our spring events and chat one-on-one about the program(s) you’ve applied to, our campus, and student life. You’ll be able to ask any questions you may still have about our programs and what life at Guelph is really like!
TIP #2 – Prepare your questions
Our Telethoners are prepared to answer questions about student life, residence, campus buildings and can even answer your program-specific questions. Still not sure what to ask when we call? Check out the list of sample questions below for inspiration!
- What is the Student Profile Form and how do I submit it?
- When will offers be sent out?
- What residence did you live in? What was it like?
- If I decide to commute or live off campus, how can I make friends?
- What kinds of activities are organized in residence?
- How are residence rooms decided? What about roommates?
- Are there any clubs for [insert your interests here] that I can be a part of?
- Can I study abroad in another country?
- What student support services are there on campus?
- How long will it take me to get from one class to another?
- What kinds of events happen on campus?
- What is there to do in the city of Guelph?
- What is the program like?
- What has been your favourite class?
- What kinds of co-op jobs are available for my program?
- Where can I go if I need help with a class?
- Do you have any course recommendations?
TIP #3 – Know when we might call
After January 31 we will be making calls from Monday – Thursday from 5-9 pm, and 11 am – 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We will not make any calls on Fridays or during our students’ reading week which runs from February 18-22.
Miss your call? No problem! We’ll try again later.
TIP #4 – Feedback is appreciated!
This one is self-explanatory, but you should know, we appreciate your feedback and we know our callers do too!
TIP #5 – We’re always here for you
We strive to keep you as informed and supported as possible during the application process. From our ongoing chats, to answering questions via our social media platforms, email and over the phone, we’re always here for our Future Gryphons!
Please note: our Telethoners cannot answer admission questions related to whether you’ll be accepted, if your marks are good enough, etc. nor can they look up the status of your application!