“We are provided with a lot of opportunities within the Ontario Veterinary College, including developing strong connections with our professors and gaining a very hands-on approach to learning which will prepare me well for working in the veterinary field. I also love that everyone here is so friendly! I made friends really fast when I first came to Guelph.”
- Marcus Yu Chu; Doctor of Veterinary Medicine; Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Welcome to one of Canada’s Top-Ranked Universities
U of G was founded in 1964, and is now ranked as one of Canada’s top comprehensive mid-sized universities. The city of Guelph is renowned for its safe and friendly community, warm summers, refreshing fall and springs and brisk winters. It has a population of 133,000 and is located one hour from Toronto and less than 2 hours from the Niagara Falls.
At the University of Guelph, we produce graduates who are educated and care about the world around them – and translate their skills to their workplace and their community.
A few of our highlights...
- Top marks for Student Experience (Maclean's, 2019)
- Oldest Veterinary medicine degree in North America and ranked #7 worldwide in Veterinary Sciences (QS World University Rankings, 2019)
- 90.15% of our grads are employed within 6 months of graduation
- Experiential learning and co-op opportunities available in many of our undergraduate degrees
- One of the world's top 400 universities (Time Higher Education, 2012-2017)
- Five star ranking and ranked in the top 20 universities in Canada (QS World University Rankings 2019)
Respected World-Wide: U of G's Rankings
International High School Applicants