Lang Entrance Scholarships
Apply for a Lang Entrance Scholarship
The vision for the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics is to be recognized globally for their commitment to developing future leaders for a more sustainable world. The prestigious Lang Entrance Scholarships recognize students who plan to use business to change the world for the better. Worth $5,000 each, they will be awarded to 9 individuals for Fall 2020.
Application requirements include:
- An application submitted by April 15th, 2020 sent via email to Student Financial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following attachments:
- A resume that includes the student's community involvement activities, stating the period of time when the involvement took place and a description of leadership positions held;
- A 500-word letter reflecting on their community involvement experience focusing on how business can be a force for good;
- 2 reference letters from individuals confirming the community involvement and the positive impact the involvement had;
- A minimum 80% admission average.
This application is open to students entering any program offered by the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics who have achieved a minimum 80% admission average, and demonstrate ethical leadership and business principles. Please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information on who is eligible to apply.
Applications and the supporting documents must be emailed to email@example.com by April 15, 2020.
Recipients will be selected based on leadership qualities and/or potential as demonstrated by:
- Community Engagement: The applicant’s breadth, depth and impact of their demonstrated contributions to their community will be considered; examples include their roles, high school initiatives, community or service organizations, sustainability/environmental/cultural initiatives and athletics.
- Quality of Letter: The candidate’s ability to write a clear, concise and meaningful response to how business can be a force for good will be taken into consideration. The committee is evaluating applicants based on how their response addresses ethical leadership and business principles, in line with LANG’s vision and mission as a business school.
- Academic Achievement: High academic achievement will also be considered in the evaluation for the scholarship.