Welcome to one of Canada’s Top-Ranked Universities
U of G was founded in 1964, and is now ranked as one of Canada’s top comprehensive mid-sized universities. The city of Guelph is renowned for its safe and friendly community, warm summers, refreshing fall and springs and brisk winters. It has a population of 133,000 and is located one hour from Toronto and less than 2 hours from the Niagara Falls.
At the University of Guelph, we produce graduates who are educated and care about the world around them – and translate their skills to their workplace and their community.
A few of our highlights...
- Top marks for Student Experience (Maclean's, 2019)
- Oldest Veterinary medicine degree in North America and ranked #7 worldwide in Veterinary Sciences (QS World University Rankings, 2019)
- 90.15% of our grads are employed within 6 months of graduation
- Experiential learning and co-op opportunities available in many of our undergraduate degrees
- One of the world's top 400 universities (Time Higher Education, 2012-2017)
- Five star ranking and ranked in the top 20 universities in Canada (QS World University Rankings 2019)
Respected World-Wide: U of G's Rankings
“I want other students to know about the flexibility that the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences offers. You essentially design your own degree supported by core arts and science courses. These core courses have improved my critical thinking by forcing me to ask important questions about why we need a balance between arts and sciences. From an arts perspective, society often believes only what can be seen and that is where science is needed; to prove or disprove those beliefs.”
- Bhavya Bajaj, Bachelor of Arts and Sciences; Psychology and Molecular Biology and Genetics minors; Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
India Curriculum High School Applicants
Yamini Malhotra, In-Country Representative