Sign Up to learn more about why you should choose Guelph!
With a Guelph account you will receive invites for special events, receive updates on admission information, and stay in touch with all things U of G!
Start your journey to join the 23,500+ students who call this campus home! Our students choose Guelph for so many reasons - reasons that are as unique and varied as their perspectives, backgrounds, and personalities they contribute to our diverse community.
- 407-hectare (1,007-acre) campus, including a 165-hectare (408-acre) Arboretum, and a 22-hectare (55-acre) research park
- Five to seven minute walk from any residence to class
- State-of-the-art facilities: The Summerlee Science Complex, North America's largest integrated science teaching and research facility; The School of Engineering, with its massive recent expansion that includes new labs and design studios, interactive outdoor teaching labs, and a green roof and rooftop wind turbine; and Guelph Business, located in one of the oldest buildings on campus, is modernized to include collaborative learning spaces, multiple student lounges and study rooms.
- Consistently ranked as one of the top comprehensive universities in Canada by Maclean's magazine
- One of the 10 best cities to live in Canada (MoneySense magazine).
- Rated as one of the top five most sustainable cities in Ontario (Pembina Institute)
- Over 90% of our first year students return for their second year - that's 4% above the national average
- $146.6 million in annual research funding
- Students have ranked U of G as having the best food of any Canadian university campus ten years in a row!
- We are Guelph Gryphons, our colours are red, gold, black
- 22,648 students call our campus home
- Over 5,000 students live in residence
- 17 intramurals, 17 varsity teams, 22 sports clubs, and more than 200 student clubs and organizations.