Improve business beyond the bottom line.
For 50 years, U of G has transformed students into leaders of the Canadian and global economies. With a Bachelor of Commerce from the Gordon S. Lang School of Business, you will explore how ethical and sustainable leaders are the future of business.
You will gain knowledge in the fundamentals including marketing, economics, management and accounting and can add specialty subjects such as hospitality, real estate, and sport management. Complete a minor in a complementary area of business, study abroad for a semester, and apply in-class learning to real-world situations through your co-op placement and community projects.
At Lang, we aim to develop leaders who will use business to improve life in their communities and abroad through our hands-on, collaborative learning environment.
Sample First Year Courses *
- Introduction to Business
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Introductory Financial Accounting
- Introductory Marketing
- Individuals and Groups in Organizations
- Business Mathematics
Options may include:
- Issues in Canadian Politics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Economics of the Agri-Food System
- Principles of Management
- The Business of Sport and Event Tourism
Curious about other first-year courses or courses in your second, third, and fourth year? Checkout the Academic Calendar.
*Course selection will vary by major.
- Food and Agricultural Business
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Management Economics and Finance
- Marketing Management
- Government, Economics and Management
- Real Estate
- Sport and Event Management
- Undeclared (1st year only)
Estimated Cutoff Ranges
78-82% for all majors.
Note: Estimated cutoff ranges are based on the admission averages from previous years and are provided solely as a point of reference. Exact cutoffs for the current cycle will be determined by the quantity and quality of applications received and the number of spaces available in the program. Co-op averages will often exceed the estimated cutoff ranges.
Our grads have worked here:
- Canadian Tire
- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Fidelity Investments
You should hear what our students have to say! Watch our Student Profile Videos on our YouTube Channel.
For More Information
For more information, you can check out the Program Spotlight article on our website.
You can also visit: